Monday, March 7, 2016

Week 27: I don't know what to title these anymore, February 1, 2016

HELLOOO EVERYONE! This week marks 6 months! I can't believe it. It really has gone by sooooooo fast. I just want it all to slow down but I feel like it's only gonna get faster from here haha. First of all, moves haven't come in yet, so I'm still not sure where I'm headed. I'll probably find out some time tonight or tomorrow. This past week was different than usual. We had zone conference in Roi-Et and it was actually really good. Right now, Thailand has 3 stakes. Our goal is 8. Conference really helped me get the "bigger picture" of the work here in Thailand. Baptisms are important, but they're not our final goal for our investigators. We want them to go to the temple and be sealed with their families forever. You guys may or may not know this, but Thailand is getting a temple in the future and it's a big deal. We need to be preparing people to go to the temple. This doesn't mean baptism isn't our focus anymore, I think it means we need to keep our eyes on the "bigger picture". Exaltation with our families.

Alright, crazy story time. So the other day, Elder Daybell and I got to talk to a guy named Bother D. He's interesting. He told us that he hears voices in his head. I guess the voices actually say things to him? I'm not sure how it works, but one time he said he could hear them in the room that we were all in. What. He told us that he heard the Book of Mormon was true. Anyway, he used to go to a Protestant church and he wants to know why our church is different. I kinda feel bad for the guy. I mean if he really does hear voices, that's some creepy stuff. I think he wants to know how to get rid of them too... Anyway, I've been able to meet with a wide variety of different people this transfer. It's so amazing how we're all children of Heavenly Father. No matter how different we all are from each other, we all chose to follow the Savior before we came down to this earth. If you think about it, missionary work is getting people to remember who Jesus Christ really is. And I love it. So much. This church is true. The Restoration is a fact. I have felt and experienced things these past 6 months that have testified of these truths. Jesus Christ lives. He loves us and He knows us. I encourage you all to keep a spiritual perspective on the things that go on in your life. You are not alone in this journey. I love you guys and I hope you all have a solid week! 

Elder Rawlinson

From Benz's baptism and P-day last week when it poured on us!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment