Sunday, June 26, 2016

Week 36: Baptism!

And it's been another week here in Surin! I hope you guys all loved Conference! We'll be watching it here in Thailand next week! Things have been a little slow lately but we did have a baptism for our investigator, Sister G, yesterday. Sister G has been such a solid investigator and she knows that the church is true. I don't think I've ever seen her angry or upset before, she's just calm and humble and kind.  It was kinda crazy yesterday before the baptismal program since the water in the font wasn't very high when we checked it. We ended up dumping extra water from buckets and water gallon tanks into the font ourselves hahaha! It was a bit sketchy but things worked out and my companion, Elder Amonthep, was able to baptize her.

So this past week, I've been able to watch a movie called "Son of God". It's sooooo good! If you guys haven't heard of it, look it up and find a way to watch it. It's a wonderful movie about the Savior- His birth, ministry, betrayal, Atonement, and Resurrection. I could feel the Spirit so strongly from it and the movie made me feel proud to be one of His followers. I started to think to myself, if I'm going to really be a follower of Christ, then I need to know who Christ really was. I need to learn and read and know more of what He did while on the earth.... so I've decided to start reading the New Testament from the beginning! If you're going to be someone, then you might as well put your whole heart and soul into it. If you're going to call yourself a Christian, then you should know who Christ is and truly follow Him. It's more than just going to church on Sunday! While I was reading in Matthew this morning, I came across a verse that I love. In Matt 10:39, Jesus says "He that findeth His life shall lose it: and he that looseth his life for my sake shall find it". What a verse! I promise that as you learn more of Him, as you serve Him and love Him and truly follow Him, you'll find peace and joy in this life. More than that, you will find yourself. I want to bear my testimony to you all that I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior! I know that He lives! He loves us and wants us to turn to Him. I know that true happiness comes from living the gospel and from knowing these truths. I hope you all have a great week! Love you guys!

Elder Rawlinson


No comments:

Post a Comment