Sunday, November 27, 2016

Week 67: Elder Wong, Sister Nok, and a Prairie Dog

Hey everyone! I'm still here in Bangkapi. We'll be having transfers on the 17th so it'll be interesting to know if I move or not. If not, then I get to stay here for another one! But wow, what a week. It was different than the usual that's for sure. For one, we had a general authority, Elder Wong come and talk to the missionaries so that was pretty cool. He said a lot of different things that I really liked. I feel like there's always room to improve when it comes to me being a missionary haha.

On another note, this week was harder for getting investigator lessons. We still had some just not as much as I would've liked. However, on Tuesday, Elder Feist (I was doing a switch-off at the time) and I were able to teach a mom named Sister N. Her daughters were in the lesson with us. She's come to English class 2 or 3 times now. She's Buddhist but I think all of her kids are Christian. She's really nice and she loves her kids. On Satuday, we taught her at a mall about the Plan of Salvation. We didn't get through the whole lesson but she seems to be opening up and so I hope she can truly progress and get baptized in the future.

Something funny that I saw this week. So Elder Escher and I went to a mall to teach Brother P (the guy we've been teaching that got baptized) and while we were at this mall sometime after we taught him, believe it or not we saw a prairie dog wearing a vest that was on a leash! It was so funny. I had to get a picture with it. So if someone ever asks you if there's a Thai person out there that owns a prairie dog you can tell them yes now. It was probably one of the highlights of my week not gonna lie. 

We have some other investigators that we're working with right now like Brother G and Sister A and a man named Brother S. We've been teaching Brother G since September so hopefully he'll take a baptismal date soon. Sister A's progressing but she was pretty busy with testing this past week. Brother S is a man that we came across last month. He's a yaam during the night. He's like a watch-man. He's a really humble guy and he seems to like reading the scriptures so that's a good sign. We're going to try and teach him tonight. 

Anyway, I hope things are going well wherever you guys are! Remember that people are more willing to do what you want if you build a relationship with them and gain their trust! And that yes, there is someone out there with a pet prairie dog haha.


Went to a busy part of the city last p-day
Haha here's the prairie dog!

No comments:

Post a Comment