Sunday, November 27, 2016

Week 68: Alma 26:30

Sawadii Khrap! It's been another week here in Thailand. The church in this country had it's 50th year Anniversary this past week, so we were to able to gather together with members and other missionaries at one of the church buildings in Bangkok. There were a ton of people that came- like so many! I could sense the strength of the church from the gathering. I don't know if you guys remember Brother Benz but he was an investigator while I served in Ubon (my first area) and he got baptized my last transfer when I was there. Anyway, he came as well! He's been going to church in Bangkok since he's been going to some sort of military school here in the city. It was so awesome to get to talk to him! Just knowing he's active in the church makes me happy.

Other news... since one of the other elders in our district had to move, we've been working in a trio with an elder named Elder Whitaker. He's been with us in our companionship for most of the past week. Elder Whitaker is from North Dakota and is a convert to the church. He's such a funny missionary! I just never know exactly what he's going to say honestly haha. He's full of love for others and he can make people laugh pretty easily. 

One of my favorite verses in the Book of Mormon is Alma 26:30. It says "And we have suffered all manner of afflictions, and all this, that perhaps we might be the means of saving some soul; and we supposed that our joy would be full if perhaps we could be the means of saving some." I am on a mission so I can help others be saved. I know this church is true. I know that true happiness comes from the gospel. God loves us so much. Have a good week everyone!
Elder Rawlinson

Brother Benz! 
Waffles and ice cream sooooo good

No comments:

Post a Comment