Sunday, August 7, 2016

Week 51: Starting my 4th trasnfer in Surin!

We just had transfers again and it looks like I'm staying here in Surin for another one! I was pretty sure that I was gonna move but that's alright. Elder Lindley and Elder Gremillion moved to Bangkok so we have two new elders here in Surin. My new companion is Elder Torres and this is his second area in the country. He's from Fresno, California and he's ready to work. He's also way funny and just all around a fun person so I think this transfer serving with him will be a blast!

I've never been in an area for as long as this one so I feel like I've been able to get to know the town and the people here pretty well. Sister S  (who's actually 84 haha) is such a nice old lady. She can't always remember the things taught to her but she really does have faith. The last time Elder Torres and I went to visit her, we ended up just reviewing some things. She can't drive or sit on a motorcycle so we arranged a ride for her to come to church last Sunday. Brother TH went to Singapore so he'll be back later this month. Elder Torres and I will try to teach him when he gets back. We also have an awesome new investigator named Sister NA! She was a referral from one of the members and we taught her for the first time yesterday. She took the message of the Restoration pretty well and we gave her a Book of Mormon. I'm looking forward to teaching her again and seeing her progress in the gospel!

The other day I was reading a scripture that I really like. Alma 53:20 says "And they were all young men, and they were exceedingly valiant for courage, and also for strength and activity; but behold, this was not all—they were men who were true at all times in whatsoever thing they were entrusted." This scripture talks about the 2000 stripling warriors and it also describes what kind of person I want to be. I hope you guys all have a great week! 

Elder Rawlinson
From last P-day!
Look how good this dessert looks!

No comments:

Post a Comment