Sunday, August 28, 2016

Week 55: Working with Elder Graham and AWESOME Investigators

Hey everyone! I've been thinking of this past week and I've realized that there's been a lot that's happened! My companion, Elder Torres, was on bed rest for his back and eventually ended up having to go to Bangkok so he could get it checked out. It was still bothering him and so he went with one of the other elders in the area. I ended up switching companions with Elder Grayham from Tuesday to Friday. Elder Torres was given medicine and he has to do physical therapy like once a week as well. There's a place here so we're probably gonna try and find it for him today. I feel kind of bad for him because of his back but hopefully he won't have to go home to get surgery while here in Thailand.

That left me with Elder Grayham for a large part of the week. Let's talk about this missionary for a second. Elder Grayham is one of the most focused missionaries I've ever met. Surin is a small branch with a LOT of problems but he's been determined on helping this place become better. He dies (finishes his mission) in October so this is his last area. However, let's just say that when you're with Elder Grayham, sometimes you don't know what'll happen. For example, there was one day while we were eating dinner with some of the members and Elder Grayham said hello to a lady that passed our table. For some reason, I was laughing (maybe because of how he said hello to the girl out of nowhere) and I made eye contact with the girl's guy that was with her. Whoops! The guy came back to our table and asked Elder Grayham "Do you have a problem??" and so Elder Grayham stood up with their faces about a foot apart and told him he was just saying hello to the lady (and then he also told him about our church). It was crazy!! Luckily they didn't get in an actual fight but it was close.

Right now, our companionship has two solid investigators- Sister Spider and Brother Gaan. Sister Spider went out of town a few days ago so Elder Grayham and I only got to teach her once this past week. She's seriously way awesome! She remembers things really well and she speaks English like a boss. When we went to teach her this past week, I thought it'd be good for us to introduce ourselves with the Larsen's as well, but she was like "we don't need to introduce ourselves, I already know who you guys are!" I didn't expect her to say that, but like I said, she remembers things really well! Brother Gaan is an investigator that came from our free English class that we have every Tuesday. He's seriously way awesome as well! He's about 20 years old and he's one of the most humble persons I've ever met. Honestly, I could learn a thing or two from him. But really though, Brother Gaan's been prepared by the Lord and he has a baptismal date for this upcoming Sunday on the 21st!

I just want to close this with my testimony. I know that Jesus Christ lives and that Heavenly Father loves us. The Book of Mormon is true and the church has been restored.

Elder Rawlinson


No comments:

Post a Comment