Sunday, October 16, 2016

Week 61: แสงของพระกิตติคุณเป็นความจริง

Hello family and friends. It's been such a great week! This week especially, we've been teaching more lessons with our investigators than we usually do since getting to this area. The Lord has been blessing us and I love it. Even though it's been raining almost everyday and I get so exhausted at times, it's been such a blessing to help others come to know the gospel. Being a missionary has helped me better understand the importance of it.

Yesterday, we had a baptism for our investigator, Brother Jaab! It was so awesome. There were a lot of people for the baptismal program and we had special musical numbers and I could feel the spirit pretty strong. We've been mostly teaching Brother Jaab over camera through a phone or computer since there aren't missionaries in the area he lives in right now. However, from our very first lesson to now, I can tell that he's changed so much. Repentance was a pretty important thing for him and I know that he was baptized with a change of heart. 

We have a really solid investigator pool right now. The kid we met with last week, Brother Art, has been progressing so much. He's 16 years old. He actually got baptized from the Protestant church already but he's been open to our message of the Restoration. He's been reading the Book of Mormon and he's prayed about it as well. He doesn't feel like he's really received an answer yet but I know it'll come. He came to church yesterday and got to stay for the baptismal program. I think it was really good for him. He feels like we're more of a family than the other church he went to. We're working with a guy named Brother Gang. We met with Brother Gang at his workplace by the church. He's a pretty strong Buddhist. He's been open to learning about the gospel and he's already read past 1 Nephi 10. He came to church yesterday and also got to stay for the baptismal program. He feels like his heart is conflicted since he's Buddhist and he's been learning about this new religion to him but I think he likes it. He's very interested. I shared with him Moroni 7:13 since I thought it would be helpful for him. It says "But behold, that which is of God inviteth and enticeth to do good continually; wherefore, every thing which inviteth and enticeth to do good, and to love God, and to serve him, is inspired of God." He's a good guy. I'll let you guys know how he's doing next week. We're still working with Brother Puum. His biggest problem right now is work. He works a lot. We have some others as well so we've staying pretty busy with our investigators.

I know that miracles are happening here in Thailand. There are people in this country that are prepared to accept the Restored gospel and it's been such a blessing to be able to see this on my mission. I know that God loves us. He loves us so much more than we love Him. I know the church is true. The Book of Mormon was translated by the power of God through Joseph Smith. I hope you all have a great week! True happiness comes from living the gospel so live it to the best you can!


Elder Rawlinson




This first picture is of me and my companion with Brother Thang. He's the cutest little chubby kid ever and when he waddles a bit when he walks haha

Before the baptism for Brother Jaab


No comments:

Post a Comment