Sunday, October 16, 2016

Week 64: ความท้าทายอาจจะมาแต่มีศรัทธา

Sawadii khap! For those of you that are back home, it must be nice
having cooler weather now. As for me, Thailand is still really hot and
I'm still sweating out here basically everyday haha. This past week's
been different than usual. If you guys don't know what happened here
in this country, you can look up recent news for Thailand. The entire
country is in a period of "mourning" or "showing respect" so people
have been wearing black or white and will be for awhile. However,
missionary work will still continue!

Elder Escher and I have been having a hard time with investigator work
this week. One of our investigators that had a baptismal date, Brother
T, decided that he wasn't going to be an investigator anymore. He's
someone that doesn't want to have just one religion in his life. He
wants to come closer to God more in his own way. I was upset to let
him go since he was really interested in our church and he was also
pretty close to getting baptized, but everyone has their agency in
life to choose what they want. Some of our other investigators our
having some problems as well but I know that if they overcome them, it
can increase their faith for sure.

One thing that I've realized since being in this area is that you have
to get through harder times on the mission in order to get to good
things that will happen in the future. I'm glad that I've figured this
out haha. Why didn't anyone tell me this when I was a greenie?? That
would've been nice to know a loooong time ago. I know that challenges
can help us become better people. God loves us and Jesus is the
Christ. Hope you all have a great week!


Elder Rawlinson
 This store is so cool! It's in our area.
 Some work is being done with the outside walls at the church so we
used the hammer a bit haha
 This is my awesome RC, Brother Art! He works at 7/11















No comments:

Post a Comment