Sunday, October 16, 2016

Week 60: Miracles Come After Faith

Sawadii khap everyone! This past week has been so good! The work has been picking up even more now and I love it. Something about staying busy just makes things more enjoyable here. Being able to train has been such a cool experience for me. Elder Escher is a great missionary. As a trainer, I sometimes feel inadequate since I don't always have the best solutions to things but I know that the Lord wants me to be one and I don't want to let Him down.

I want to share with you guys an experience I had a few days ago. Yesterday in zone conference, we went over how miracles come after faith and I was able to see that this week. On Friday, Elder Escher and I had some time to go contacting in our area before we were to go to the mission office to do interviews with President Johnson. We prayed so we could be guided during our contacting session and afterwards, we just started walking without knowing where we would really go. It was pretty hot that day and the sun was blazing on us but we just kept on going. We ended up at a neighborhood of apartment buildings. I remember coming to one of the buildings not knowing whether or not to keep contacting in the direction in front of the building or behind it. Knowing it was either one or the other, I wanted to go where the Lord wanted me to go. I chose behind the building. Behind that building, we contacted a man named Nu that was willing to meet with us again in the future. A little while after that, we came across a teenager named Art. We were able to sit down with him and teach him the Restoration. He was a nice kid and he prayed at the end of our lesson as well. I usually contact by handing out cards that our mission has but on that day, I decided to carry an extra copy of the Book of Mormon with me. I gave him the copy I had with me after our lesson. 

Who am I out of all people to have been guided by the Lord as I was? I'm just a 20 year old from Arizona. Like I said, it was hot and humid and I didn't know where we'd end up but in Ether 12:12, it says "For if there be no faith among the children of men, God can do know miracle among them; wherefore, he showed not himself until after their faith". I'm grateful that the Lord guided us that day and I know that it was because of our faith that we were able to see miracles. I have never done something so hard in my life as serve a mission but it's been the most rewarding thing I have ever experienced. I know God lives. This work is real.


Elder Rawlinson

No comments:

Post a Comment